Re: Scope Checking Patch

On 11/06/07, Markus Deuling <deuling@de.ibm.com> wrote:
Hi Rob,

I haven't gone through your patch, but I have a suggestion. If I do a patch for GDB I do it like that:

a) Checkout current head
b) Create a copy of that directory e.g. gdb.new
c) Do my changes in gdb.new
d) Create patch by: diff -urN gdb/ gdb.new/ > diff-file

Thanks. I tried this, but I ended up with a 214MB diff file. I'm not sure why this is, as I did a make distclean on both copies, I think it may be due to the testsuite results not having been cleaned or something. Does anyone have any ideas what to do?

Thanks,

Rob

Then you the two diff files in one file and its better readable. Also its easier to apply just one file instead of two.

Regards,
Markus

-- Markus Deuling GNU Toolchain for Linux on Cell BE deuling@de.ibm.com