RE: trying to build gdb with renamed cygwin1.dll

Actually I am planning on eventually building a cross debugger for
arm/ppc/mips/xscale. But that will be afterwards. Right now I am just
trying to get the gdb binary to be stand alone. Actually I had allot of
success with building with the --disable-shared and --enable-static
option and was able to move the resulting gdb across different versions
of cygwin1.dll without it complain about using an incompatible version
of cygwin1.dll.

I think I will use this and play some games with a batch script and
figure out how to detect an existing version of cygwin1.dll then use
that info to decide whether to install my own version before gdb starts
up. Sounds like that will be the easiest solution.

Thanks for all the help. Sorry if I posted your email will be more
careful in the future. Is there a moderator here that can remove the
email address from my previous post?

thanks,

Fahd