Re: question about -file-exec-and-symbols gdbmi command

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:11:37 -0400
Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:

> Nope.  The difference is that the front end has some knowledge of
> "this is a new program" versus "this is the same program being
> reloaded", because it issued the command in response to some user
> stimulus.  GDB has no way to know why the command was issued; in one
> case deleting breakpoints is appropriate, in the other it is not.
>
> So if the front end wants breakpoints deleted, I think it's reasonable
> for it to do so explicitly.

Indeed. I noticed this whilst writing a front end, actually. I got
hard time fuguring why I was seeing breakpoints from another binary
being returned by -break-list :-)

I understand your point and felt back on what you suggest.

Thank you for that.

So, there is no IRC channel where you guys can be reached ? :-)

Cheers,

--
Dodji Seketeli
http://www.seketeli.org/dodji