Re: Antwort: Re: relocations when doing file command at gdb prompt

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 06:54:16PM +0100, Roland Puntaier wrote:
> This means there is no way to avoid the doubling and still keep the .rel
> sections without changing GDB code, doesn't it?

Yes.  You could remove just the relocations for the debug sections,
but that's silly.  If you add this to the top of
symfile_relocate_debug_section, it should fix the problem.

+  if (bfd_get_file_flags (abfd) & (EXEC_P | DYNAMIC))
+    return NULL;

GNU binutils doesn't create shared libraries that need relocations
applied any more.  In fact, it hasn't for a while.  Maybe we should
remove support for those quirky objects, since the --emit-relocs
variant seems more common and more useful.

Does anyone have an opinion?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery