Re: New Ada failure

> > I have now checked in a patch in GCC that explains that the GNAT
> > runtime should not be stripped. Would you mind filing a bug with
> > the Debian maintainers? I'm not familiar with the procedure. You
> > may want to mention to them that they should be able to build the
> > runtime without -g. There is a flag for it, probably LIBGNATCFLAGS
> > or some such. The makefiles will know to force -g -O1 for the few
> > units we need.
>
> Done, though we may take a different approach.  Meanwhile, should
> we let the test fail for this case, or mark it UNSUPPORTED?

I am of two hearts with this. On the one hand, yes, the test should
be unsupported if the GNAT runtime is malformed. However, a bug in
our lookup would yield the same type of failure, and thus marking
the testcase as unsuported would hide that.

I would lean towards making it UNSUPPORTED, since the chances of
the lookup failing are fairly remote (or many other testcases
will badly fail).

If we decide to make it unsupported, would you mind taking care of it?
I cannot reproduce your problem, and my attempts at building the FSF
compiler from sources have miserably failed...

Thank you,
--
Joel