Re: gdb very slow during 'step into'

You said that this is a Debian system, right?  Could you try using the
system GDB, and making sure that the libc6-dbg package is installed?

I have installed the package libc2-dbg package and it does solve the problem. So this explains why the issue appears only on debian based distros.

I am actually writing a gdb front end (yeah, another one) so I think I
will stick to the LD_BIND_NOW solution because I cannot force users to
install the libc2-dbg package. For the record, the front end I am
writting is http://home.gna.org/nemiver.

Maybe I should file a bug to debian asking if they could install
libc6-dbg as a dependancy of gdb ? Does that make sense ?

Thank you very much.

Dodji.