GDB backtrace when SIGSEGV

Hi,

I am working on ARM platform and very curious about how gdb handles
the stack frame backtrace when SIGSEGV occurs. What gdb done more than
standard C backtrace() to get the stack trace?

How can I get such info, which document or which lines of code that I
need to dive into?

BTW: For I have not subscribed to this list, pls CC me when replying.

Thanks.
ABAI