solved! tnx Daniel! RE: gdb on fc6, gdbserver on rh62, which libthread_db.so do i use on which platform?

Hello Again Daniel!

Sorry to all for the top post, I am stuck in OutLook land once again.
:-(

Anyway....

Yes, thank you very much Daniel, this fixed my problem!

I create a new directory on my host machine /opt/crosstool/rh62

Then I created the directories:
   /opt/crosstool/rh62/lib
 and
   /opt/crosstool/rh62/usr/lib

Then having run ldd on my app and it's dependent libraries, I copied
over from the target to the host all of the libraries required for
running my
app:

  ls /opt/crosstool/rh62/lib/
    ld-linux.so.2  libc.so.6  libm.so.6  libpthread.so.0

  ls /opt/crosstool/rh62/usr/lib/
    libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3

So, as far as an entry in gdb.info, well, you can copy and paste this
email in! :-)