Re: GDB solib interface

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 15:12 -0700, Smith, Stephen (SWCOE) wrote:
> I'm sorry - way back when Kevin asked that I investigate this.  So now I
> am.
>
> Anyway - Pretend that my "custom" GDB remote.c has been told that a
> library has been loaded - what would I need to write to use the solib
> interface?   Another way of asking the question would be,  what would I
> need to add to my remote interface file (remote.c) to have it load the
> symbols.

Presumably something like solib_add() or add_symbol_file().

Your back-end (eg. remote target) should give you the name
of a shared library (with or without path), and then gdb
has built-in schemes for finding it.

If your target libraries are different from your host libraries
(which they usually are), you will need to tell GDB where to
find them (on the host file system), using the commands
    set solib-search-path
and
    set solib-absolute-prefix

Daniel, I would have assumed that this stuff was
working with linux-x-linux and gdbserver?