From: Joel Brobecker [mailto:brobecker@adacore.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 3:18 PM
To: Ray Duran; gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: gdb build error

> > You'll need flex to generate ada-lex.c. Has this tool been installed
> > on your machine?
>
> Wasn't this supposed to be pregenerated in release tarballs?

Humpf, of course, I should have paid more attention to the version
number. I just double-checked, it is part of the release tarball.

The only scenario that I can think of that might lead to this problem
would be that the timestamp of ada-lex.c somehow became earlier than
the timestamp of ada-lex.l, so the Makefile determined that ada-lex.c
should be rebuilt.

When I unpacked the sources from gnu.org on a linux machine, the
timestamps were in the right order.

While we look at this, the obvious workaround that would work, assuming
my theory is right, would be to "touch gdb/ada-lex.c" before doing the
build.

--
Joel