Re: thread_db_get_info: cannot get thread info: generic error on fork()/execvp()

Daniel,

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 05:28:27PM +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
Hi,

Now we have a pretty trivial test case to reproduce this problem,
as per the 20 line program at the bottom of bug 2149,
is there any chance at all of getting a fix? I currently
can't debug my app at all because it suffers from this
problem. I am willing to help in any way I can to debug
this or test.

Well, I can reproduce the problem. I can see roughly what's wrong, too. We still think we're attached to the old thread.

Could you try this patch?

Yep. That fixes it, both on the test case, and on the real program. I can now debug again. Woohoo! Thanks.

What's the chance of applying that in RCS and (ideally) providing
that and the previous thread fix so debugging as a backport to
the Ubuntu Dapper gdb.

Alex