Re: What exactly does "info sharedlibrary" command show?

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 11:07:55PM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> Yup, if you can guarantee that the first segment indeed includes all
> the .text code, the latter is much better.

How would you feel about "the segment containing .text", then?

Actually, I'd probably try first to pick out "the segment with exec
permission", and only if there was none or more than one look for a
section named .text; I see that this would work for OpenBSD too. I'm
trying as a general background task to decrease reliance on section
names; for instance, the ARM compilers only call this ER_RO.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery