Re: gdb-6.5 produces infinite backtrace on ARM

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> [ ... ]
> I know have a fairly general patch set for this problem, which
> produces:
>
> (gdb) bt
> #4 0xxxxxxxx in pthread_start_thread () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
> Backtrace stopped: frame did not save the PC
> (gdb)
>
> This isn't ideal - we could detect the pthread_start_thread function
> name and stop automatically, which might be a wise addition - but it's
> better than going off into the woods.
>
> There's about 250 lines of changes involved, to one of the more
> complicated parts of GDB, so I will need to go over the patches again
> and post them separately.  But I'll try to make sure this is fixed
> soon.

Sounds pretty good. Good job! I can't wait to lay my hands on the patch...

Another question arose from you answer: what is a gdb/mi front-end supposed
to do when a message like

	"Backtrace stopped: frame did not save the PC" or
	"Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)" or

is returned at the end of the backtrace? Eclipse just throws away the
complete backtrace for the corresponding thread.