Re: Linux threads and insight 6.4 / 6.5

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> With signal 5 is a clear signal that gdbserver has not enabled thread
> support, either because of a mismatch or a problem with libthread_db
> support on your target.  When one thread hits a breakpoint, if another
> thread is running outside of debugger control, the kernel may terminate
> the entire process.

Using glibc NPTL with both gdb and gdbserver compiled from the same 6.4
source and gdbserver built against the exact same NPTL libraries I get:

   Cannot find new threads: capability not available

with an eventual termination of the process. So what mismatch or problem
with libthread_db should I be looking for? Thanks.

-Steve