Re: GDB 6.5 status question

> Can somebody tell me what the status of GDB 6.5 is, please ?

Yes, the next GDB release is getting very close. I was planning
on preparing the release next week - but there is at least one
change that I'd like to see included and that might take a few
days, probably no more.

> If it's coming shortly, could be nice to know what is the quality of
> this release.  In other words - is it reasonable to switch to 6.5
> right away, or should I stay with 6.4 for a while ?

It's difficult to answer such a vague question. The maintainers work
hard to keep the quality level very high; but the answer to your
questions depends on many variables.

What I suggest you do is to download one of the pre-releases, and give
it a try. If you could even run the testsuite (let us know if you need
help with that), and post the results, that would be very helpful too.
Then you can decide whether or not you want to switch to this release.
Please let us know what you think of this release.

--
Joel