Patch tracker now available

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 07:14:59PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Daniel Berlin offered in February to set up a patch queue.  It's some
> custom software that he wrote for GCC, after two consecutive GCC Summits
> in which people agreed that they wanted some automated way to keep track of
> patches, but no one came up with anything that seemed usable.

Everyone who responded liked this idea, so I've set one up.  It was a
pile of work to get running, so I hope it's useful :-)

It's here:
  http://gdb.false.org/patches

It is certainly not mandatory for patch submitters or reviewers.  It
has both an email interface (it scans the web archives hourly looking
for commands) and a web interface; if I find it useful I can add
patches to it even when they weren't posted with appropriate tags.
There's some instructions on how to use it by email up top of the list.

If you have any suggestions or problems, please let me know.

If it proves useful, we can make it more prominent, for instance by a
link from the GDB web site.  In the mean time, I encourage patch
submitters to use it.

There is an associated rant, which is that I'd really appreciate more
help in reviewing submitted patches.  I hope that adding tracking will
make it easier to see what needs review.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery