Re: watchpoints and threads

Hi Daniel,

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:03:02AM -0700, PAUL GILLIAM wrote:
> > The manual seems to say that this scenario will not work, but the
> > testcase seems to say that it will.
> >
> > What's the story?
>
> The patches to implement this (for some limited set of architectures?)
> were approved but never committed, I believe.  Like last January.

I guess this thread initiated by Jeff Johnston is what you were referring to:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2004-12/msg00256.html

It was really a long thread, spanning several monthes.  My reading of
these post tell me that it is partly approved at some point, and later
held off for observer issue.  Is that right?  Does that kind of issue
still hold in current gdb source code?  Does anybody has interest in
looking into these question again?

I am recently working on h/w watchpoint support for ppc440 board.
Customers are also inquirying if multi-threaded program works ok with
h/w watchpoint.  I believe this feature is quite desirable for multi
threaded program.

Regards
- Wu Zhou