Re: intl directory: gcc vs. src

> > Who maintains this automatic merge process?
>
> The man to ask about this is DJ Delorie.  I'm not sure how much work it
> is on his part, though.
>
> Either way it would probably be best to do the initial sync by hand.
> And is it really plausible that nothing in src would need updating for
> the new intl?
>
> --
> Daniel Jacobowitz
> CodeSourcery

If something in src is going to need updating I don't know what it is.
I built binutils, gas, and gdb on HP-UX platforms using the gcc intl
directory and had no problems.  When I built on Linux the intl directory
was basically ignored because it used the system gettext stuff.

I'm sure something might need updating after this change and I am
willing to try and fix anything I break, but I am not sure what other
testing I can do with the platforms I have available.  Do you have any
suggestions as to what products or platforms might cause problems?

I did get one reply from a combined-tree user who said they used the gcc
version of intl when building things in a combined-tree.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com