Re: CLI commands in MI

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 11:41:14PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 10:26:50PM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> > I'm thinking it would be a good idea to remove the ability to enter CLI
> > commands into the MI interpreter. Does anyone disagree?
>
> No way.  The fact is, the MI command set is not complete, and
> -interpreter-exec is still recent.  I would expect most front ends
> to still require this support, for the indefinite future.

Whoa, I don't think it matters if FE's are using this feature. Read the
manual,

  This mechanism is provided as an aid to developers of GDB/MI clients and not as
  a reliable interface into the CLI. Since the command is being interpreteted in an
  environment that assumes GDB/MI behaviour, the exact output of such commands is
  likely to end up being an un-supported hybrid of GDB/MI and CLI output.

Bob Rossi