gdbserver on OS X -- abandon all hope?

Hello,

Four years ago the question of gdbserver on OS X came up here, but with no joy. Hoping that surely this situation had changed I downloaded the source today, but gdbserver will still only configure for Linux targets.

I guess it must be hard or someone would have done it by now? What a shame, I can compile for my ARM target under Eclipse in OS X but it looks like Windows/USB-JTAG will be necessary to debug it. On the other hand perhaps it will save me a bundle as there's no point in my getting ARM's newly-gdbserver-compatible RealView ICE JTAG adapter.

And no, there's nothing at Apple regarding gdbserver except blindly copied FSF documentation. Not a single hit in the Apple discussion forums. And nothing I can find anywhere on Tiger OS X 10.4. Now, in fact there are gdbserver sources located at Apple:

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/DevToolsNov2005/gdb-434/ src/gdb/gdbserver/

...but the configure.srv file lists only Linux targets. Probably blindly copied (like the documentation) and never built.

Is it time to abandon all hope?

Thanks,
--Bill

William C. Burgess, Ph.D. Senior Research Engineer Greeneridge Sciences, Inc. 6060 Graham Hill Road Stop F Felton, CA 95018 Tel: 831-335-9600 Fax: 805-967-7720