Re: GDB is not trapping SIGINT

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 11:58:59PM -0500, Andy Howell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having problems getting GDB to not pass SIGINT to my program. In my
> main thread I do a sigwait for SIGINT. When I'm debugging, I don't want
> this called. "info handle" shows that SIGINT should not be being passed
> to my app.
>
> I using GDB 6.3 on RH Linux.

But how are you using it? :-)  An example, please.

You also did not mention what kernel version you are using; at least
one sigwait-related kernel bug has been reported.  And it looks like
it is still present in current 2.6 kernels, so you may want to report
this to the kernel developers.  sys_rt_sigtimedwait calls
dequeue_signal, but never lets ptrace see it.  Maybe the bits from
get_signal_to_deliver can be moved into dequeue_signal now.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery