Re: MI and pending breakpoints

[this message was originally sent off-list by mistake, reposting to list now]

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 19:37, you wrote:
> I thought that would work, but as I said, we don't do it that way, we
> do:
>
> -break-insert -f
>
> which turns the pending on automatically.  I think that's a much more
> convenient way to do it...

Any way, I've just looked at Apple code, and it considerable differs in
'-break-insert' handling.

In CVS HEAD, gdb_breakpoint calls do_captured_parse_breakpoint, and exits.

In Apple version, gdb_breakpoint calls break_command_2 which calls
do_captured_parse_breakpoint and then specially deals with pending
breakpoints.

So, would it be a good idea to port/mimic Apple's changes?
In fact, even if I port them I'll still need to workaround this bug on
KDevelop side, but anyway, what about porting the fixes?

- Volodya