Fully automating GDB (aka how to make canned command strings see the exit status)

Hi,

I've got a program I'm trying to debug that crashes on a very
intermittent basis. I suspect the core dumps I'm getting are incomplete
so I would like to try and catch the the crash live in gdb.

I figure a canned script to run the program is the answer. However how
do I tell if the program has exited successfully (in which case I can
run again) to hitting the SEG and staying put for when I come back in
the morning?

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
TV is chewing gum for the eyes. -- Frank Lloyd Wright