Re: breakpoints in shared libraries

> Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:00:31 -0500
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
> Cc: gdb@sourceware.org
> Sender: gdb-owner@sourceware.org
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 05:29:09PM +0100, Florian Hackenberger wrote:
> > Pending breakpoint "quaternion.cpp:100" resolved
> > Quaternion::Quaternion(angle, axis), axis is not unit.
> > Make the axis unit.
> >
> > That tells me:
> > 1. The breakpoint was set.
> > 2. The breakpoint did not work, as I can see the output "Make the axis unit."
> > and that's the line where my breakpoint was supposed to interrupt the
> > execution.
> >
> > So that's the problem. Can anyone help me?
>
> This has nothing to do with shared libraries; if you search the
> archives for breakpoints in constructors, you'll learn lots more about
> the (still unsolved) problem.

But Florian is setting a breakpoint using FILENAME:LINE syntax and not
using FUNCTIONNAME syntax.  That should work isn't it?  At least as
long as GCC is not inlining the constructor such that there are
actually multiple copies in the code and GDB sets the breakpoint in a
different copy than the one being executed.

Mark