Re: Copyright notices

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 09:05:00PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:27:27 -0500
> > From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
> >
> > Well, I did not find a good non-Emacs tool for doing this; I'd rather
> > using something that already exists, than write our own.  It should
> > just be a matter of finding all the files we consider "owned" by GDB
> > (all in the gdb directory, or sim, or include/gdb/ ?) and excluding
> > the generated ones.
>
> The above specification of which files to include/exclude sounds very
> vague.  Is there some existing script or algorithm that would allow to
> find the relevant files programmatically?  If not, then perhaps the
> first good approximation would be a Dired-style command: mark the
> files you want to update (or mark all of them, then unmark the ones
> you don't want), and invoke a command that will update all the marked
> files.  WDYT?

Well, what I'd do would be shell-script the above: have a script print
out a list of files, and remove certain others, based on a manually
defined list.

(That could just be one big invocation of GNU "find").

I think the exceptions are going to be pretty small: generated
documentation (e.g. man pages, info files), gdbarch.c / gdbarch.h,
configure scripts, et cetera.  Of course, there will still be a list
of places that need to be updated by hand (including gdbarch.sh and
the texinfo manuals, probably).

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery