Re: gdb won't stop at break point in simple program

On 2/9/06, Paul Hughes <paulh@ot.com.au> wrote:
> I've just written the simplest program I could.
> I set a break point in main and run the program.
> Gdb prints out some odd messages
> "Detaching after fork from child process XXXXX"
> Program ends without stopping at the break point.
> Can anyone shed any light on what is going on here?

Wow.  You're using the GDB and GCC included with your distribution?

I know the current GDB sources don't behave this way; the GDB test
suite does the equivalent of your test, and more, many, many times, so
there's no way we could have missed it.

I think there's something very strange going on on your machine.