Re: Howto single step from beginning

Remind me again what version of GDB you're using? And it is configured for arm-linux, right? Or maybe you're debugging a uClibc static binary that doesn't have the correct ABI markings?

GDB Ver 6.3 build under buildroot using uCLibc

That's an arm-elf breakpoint. It doesn't work on arm-linux systems.

Does "show osabi" reveal anything?

----
(gdb) show osabi
The current OS ABI is "auto" (currently "ARM APCS").
The default OS ABI is "GNU/Linux".
(gdb)
----

I am assuming that the ABI markings are involved in the definition of the break
point instruction, as I can not find a corresponding match to the gdb trace
instruction in the gdb source.

PaulB.