Re: Triggering qSymbol packets

On 1/19/06, John Williams <jwilliams@itee.uq.edu.au> wrote:

> This is a pretty specific issue - not sure if gdbserver+threads+noMMU
> Linux has ever been done before.  So, I suppose my question(s) are:

Yes. Debugging multithreading application using GDB/gdbserver works
pretty well on uClinux for Blackfin. You can find our test result in
file "toolchain_test_results_2005R4.tar.gz" on this page:
<http://blackfin.uclinux.org/frs/?group_id=18>.

> 1. has this been reported as an issue before, maybe resolved in a newer
> gdb? (I've googled for 2 days and found no direct answer, just many
> different pieces of the puzzle)

It's better to upgrade to the newest version. Our test is done on GDB
6.3 with some backports from 6.4.

> 2. Am I correct thinking that for gdbserver+threads the user must
> manually do the gdb "sym" command to trigger the qSymbol packet, and
> thus initialise linuxthreads_db?

I think "file" followed by "target remote" should work.

Jie