Re: Fwd: -Wpointer-sign for GCC 4.1

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 10:58:59AM -0800, Jim Blandy wrote:
> On 1/18/06, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 10:40:55AM -0800, Jim Blandy wrote:
> > > The message below is kind of odd.  We do use -Wall
> >
> > No, we don't.  See the comments in configure.ac about this.
>
> D'oh.  You're right, of course.
>
> > Sorry, that wasn't my goal.  My goal with forwarding this to the GCC
> > list was independent of what GDB should do - as Joe wrote, the GCC SC
> > made a promise to RMS that I'm trying to make sure doesn't slip through
> > the cracks.
>
> Okay.  I'd gotten the impression from your conversation with Eli that
> the plan was to just forget the whole thing if future GCC's were going
> to drop the warning.

Nah - my plan is to forget the whole thing if we decide to, but no one
wants to decide.

You and I and a couple of others in the past have squashed most of
these warnings in GDB.  At the moment I'm not convinced that running
around hammering on the rest of them is a worthwhile use of our time,
though.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery