Re: Core dumps

> Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 20:33:04 +1100
> From: Russell Shaw <rjshaw@netspace.net.au>
>
> Hi,
> When i make my code core-dump using abort(), and read the
> core with "target core core", the back-trace shows a corrupted
> stack. How do i make a core dump that has an intact stack i can
> trace thru? Should i use something other than abort()?

Sorry, but you don't provide nearly enough information to enable us to
answer your question.  At least we need to know what OS, what hardware
platform, what version of GDB and what version of GCC you're using.
It'd help us even more if you could provide a typescript of a GDB
session that show us your problem.

Thanks,

Mark