Re: History before 1999

On 1/7/06, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> "cvs log" shows that the oldest version of GDB sources for which
> there's information in the CVS is from April 1999.  Is there any
> reasonably uncomplicated way to do the equivalent of "cvs diff" and
> "cvs annotate" for older versions?

Was it really 1999?  Anyway, before sourceware.org got started, the
only revision controlled history was in Cygnus's private CVS
repository.  That was mixed in with various NDA'd stuff, including
some in the core files of GDB, so we couldn't publish the whole
history without a lot of work sanitizing it.

So, I don't think there's any way for you to get history farther back.