Re: Return to Reverse Execution

Dave Korn wrote:

I think that if there is any potential confusion about what the terms
might mean in the context of having set the exec-direction reverse, then
that simply implies that the exec-direction command is superfluous and
obfuscating, and that all we need are one set of commands to go
forwards, one set to go back, and people can use the correct ones
according to the direction they actually want to go

I agree. I would be very easy to forget which 'direction' one is pointed in and issue the wrong command by mistake. Making the 'direction' explicit in each command eliminates this problem.

Whether the prefix is 'backward' or 'reverse' doesn't matter to me much. When I drive my car, putting it in reverse always makes it go backward when I hit the gas. :-)

Dave