RE: debugging shared libraries

Hi Anthony,

GDB has support for deferred breakpoints.  Try:

gdb my_executable

(gdb) break my_buggy_shared_library_function()
(gdb) blah blah not found would you like to defer this? y
(gdb) r

Then gdb loads the shared libraries (based on information in the runtime
image of the executable) and sets the breakpoint.

That should work.

cheers,

Kris