Re: Sending signal to inferior

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 11:48:02AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 11:43:00AM -0500, Bob Rossi wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 04:57:38AM +0000, Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues de Almeida wrote:
> > > Thank you.. I'm trying to solve this for days..
> >
> > Wow, that took me a long time to figure out, and I wrote libtgdb.
> >
> > It's the tty command that is allowing libtgdb to interrupt GDB when the
> > inferior is running. Apparently, if you don't move the inferior's
> > terminal via the GDB tty command, then you can't interrupt the inferior
> > when it's running.
> >
> > Basically, I'm assuming that the SIGINT to GDB is ignored if the
> > inferior has control of the terminal. However, if you put the inferior
> > on a different terminal, then GDB must handle the SIGINT. This
> > explanation is just a guess though.
>
> It shouldn't be.  Check whether GDB is reaching handle_sigint() and
> whether it is going through the event loop properly?

This is a tough one. For some reason, if I start debugging GDB, it
doesn't reach the handle_sigint line. However, with fprintf there, I'm
seeing output. Could I be doing something wrong or is this expected?

I configured && compiled like this:
  cvs -d ':ext:bobbybrasko@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src' co gdb
  CFLAGS=-g ../src/configure
  make

I was wondering if any of the -W compile options stop me from debuging
GDB in this case.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi