Re: Stepping over longjmp presumably broken for glibc

> Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:09:13 -0500
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
>
> with the added downside of greater coordination between the
> debugger and runtime (additional points of failure).

We already have this downside (in many parts of GDB, not only in this
particular situation), so continuing with that won't be a change for
the worse.

If glibc maintainers actively fight the debugger's ability to debug
their code, we will never succeed in catching up with them.  So I'd
rather they stopped with that attitude and started cooperating with
us.  I can ask RMS to try to influence the glibc team, if you think
this will help.