Re: regarding problem in porting gdb

On 12/21/05, Shrirang Khishti <shrirangk@kpitcummins.com> wrote:
> Hi Jim
>         Thanks for your help and changes suggested by you. But in our
> target GCC we have added a different memory model which handles 32 bits
> of address size  and for that we are not getting any problem. But for
> the memory model  for which  I am  facing the problem we don't need 32
> bits address size(For this model code size is limited to 64K but
> situated at some far address). So in this case it is as good as debug
> info is showing virtual addresses related to program counter

If your PC is only 16 bits long, and the upper bits are provided by
some other register, but the addresses GDB uses to access the target
address space index the larger address space, you may need to define a
gdbarch_read_pc method, and have your 'struct frame_unwind' include a
prev_pc function, to ensure that those upper bits get added as
appropriate.