Re: how to debug functions called from other classes

Hello Jim,

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Jim Blandy wrote:

On 12/10/05, Grazia Russo-Lassner <glassner@umiacs.umd.edu> wrote:
the function BuildVcb is where the error message of my code comes from:

line50 : parser->BuildVcb(arg1, arg2);

So, 'BuildVcb' is a method of whatever class 'parser' points to; and when you call 'parser->BuildVcb', that code prints an error message; is that right?

the code exits and prints out the error message that was coded in that function. I know it has to do with the input file to that function, BuildVcb. I cannot pinpoint the input line that is breaking the code.

grazia

What does GDB do when you reach line 50 and type 'step' to step into the method call? Can you show us a transcript?