Re: Where in the (info) manual is the license statement supposed to go?

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 12:16:09AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Are these supposed to show up in the Info document?
>
> Not in the parts that the Info reader displays.

OK.  I do find that a bit strange, though.  It's the license of the
document; we include the full text of the FDL as an appendix, but not
the details of how it applies to the manual you're reading.  If I
wanted the licensing terms for an Info manual, Info's where I'd expect
to find them.

I'm fine with my expectations being wrong.

> Why are you asking this?  Is there any specific problem with how
> things are currently?  This is how every GNU manual handles the GFDL
> mandatory blurbs.

Another Debian developer expressed some confusion over the current
situation, in a bug report.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC