Spaces in file names

Hi all,

I have recently posted some patches to allow quoting and therefore spaces in commands that did not support them.

exec-file and symbol-file already supported them, as do all the break commands and variants.

directory (including --directory), add-symbol-file and others do not support spaces or quoting. It seems quite clear to me that the best thing to do here is to change them to use buildargv(). Users will have to quote names with quotes in, but they will be able to use spaces (properly quoted).

Less clear is what to do with source, core-file and perhaps some other commands which happen to support spaces in files because they do zero processing on their input. These commands will not do the right thing with quotes. I could fix this inconsistency by using buildargv() as everywhere else, but the user would then have to quote spaces which will make it backward incompatible.

Any insights?

Andrew Stubbs