Re: [RFC] plugin/extension interface

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 01:41:35PM +1100, Russell Shaw wrote:
> Months ago, i added a remote protocol for a hardware in-circuit emulator
> and was going to write a chapter documenting how to add a target protocol
> to gdb. My questions on how best to add this to gdb in cvs got no response
> whatsoever. Now i've lost all interest.

[Off-topic here, but]

I can't even remember seeing messages from you on this topic; a certain
amount of persistance is always called for in GDB development.

However, in general, I've come to believe that GDB shouldn't continue
to add support for new remote protocols.  What we need is a nice,
open-source framework for gdb remote <-> other remote conversion.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC