Re: [RFC] plugin/extension interface

> Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:22:54 +0000
> From: Andrew STUBBS <andrew.stubbs@st.com>
>
> I would like to test the waters and find out what your opinion would be
> on the subject of a GDB plugin/extension interface.

Such suggestions (not only for GDB, for other GNU projects as well)
are usually rejected by Richard Stallman and the FSF, because they
make it possible to add to GDB significant new features with
proprietary (i.e. non-free software) shared libraries, thus avoiding
the need to release any parts of GDB under GPL.