Re: ARM RDI

Hi,

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

1) Remove rdi-share from GDB entirely.

I think this one is probably best now...  I discussed it with Andrew at
the Summit and we agreed it was the way to go.  But like dejagnu removal
it's taking a long time to finally do it...

Does anyone object? If not, let's just do it.

For a number of CPUs, RDI is the only standard there is; it is the kind of "obsolete" where they want people to buy their newer CPUs, not the kind where there is a better standard. I'm fairly certain that there are several trees where RDI works just fine as there are a number of companies selling gdb based solutions for older ARM CPUs; the interesting part will be getting those changes back from them.

Simon