MI: is target running

Hi,
I have a simple question -- how a GUI frontend can determine if gdb is
running the target at the moment? It's obviously necessary to disable some
actions, enable some other actions and so on.

Say, I'm using MI. However, user might have a lot of gdb macros he wants to
still use, and those macros can contain "run", or "continue" commands --
why not.

Here's what I've tried:

        ghost@zigzag:/tmp$ cat a.gdb
        define myrun
        run
        end
        ghost@zigzag:/tmp$ gdb --i=mi a.out
        ~"GNU gdb 6.3-debian\n"
        (gdb)
        source a.gdb
        &"source a.gdb\n"
        ^done
        (gdb)
        interpreter console "myrun"
        &"interpreter console \"myrun\"\n"
        Hi

        Program exited normally.
        ^done
        (gdb)

So, for "run" command embedded in gdb macro invoked via "interpreter
console", there's no "^running" in the output. So, GUI can't detect that
the target is running.

Is this a defect? Should not "^running" be emitted in all cases when target
starts running?

- Volodya