Fwd: Thread Debugging - NPTL/PPC

I have two boards, one is a ppc, one is a ppc64.  On both boards I
have 32 bit libs.  Using the exact same libs and binaries on the ppc
as the ppc64, gdb on the ppc64 works fine, where as gdb on the ppc
fails to track threads.  It seems in thread_db_new_objfile, gdb always
falls through with TD_NOLIBTHREAD.

I've compiled the latest GDB for both boards, my newly compiled
version of gdb fails to track threads for both boards.  Thus, I now
have a functional and a broken gdb for the ppc64.  My original intent
was to step through gdb on both boards looking for the point of
failure.

I've compared with LD_DEBUG=files for both the broken gdb and the
working gdb on the ppc64, the same libs are loaded in both cases. The
libc being using in both cases is NPTL enabled.

What information could I provide that would allow someone to point me
towards the correct place to look for the point of failure?

 Much Thanks,
 -Billy