Re: Status on cross builds

> Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 10:17:56 -0800
> From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>
>
> Just as a sanity check before creating the 6.4 branch, I ran the
> gdb_mbuild.sh script. Here are the results:
>
> * Build fails, but succeeds if we remove -Werror:
>         arm-elf: compile failed
>         avr: compile failed
>         frv-elf: compile failed
>         h8300-elf: compile failed
>         ia64-linux-gnu: compile failed
>         m32r-elf: compile failed
>         m68hc11-elf: compile failed
>         mips-elf: compile failed
>         sh-elf: compile failed
>         v850-elf: compile failed

This is an interresting list.  It might be a bit biased by the version
of GCC used by Joel, but it either means that these targets aren't
properly maintained, or that its maintainer needs to be educated about
-Werror.  Or perhaps we should enable -Werror by default on the main
branch.  Anyway, we should consider these targets aa candidates for
removal after 6.4.

> * Build fails, even without -Werror:
>         ms1-elf: compile failed
>         configure: error: "*** Gdb does not support target ms1-unknown-elf"

Kevin, looks like you forgot to check in some crucial part for ms1.

Mark