Re: Using reverse execution

Michael Snyder wrote:

[...] I have a target audience of engineers to whom
I've been trying to "sell" reverse execution -- and I have
a working implementation that I can demo, live, and a real-life
bug that I can show to be easy to debug with reverse execution,
and pretty damn hard otherwise.  And the majority of them will
go "wow", but they aren't jumping up and down demanding access
to this cool facility.

This is a really important data point.

I think this is a familiar concept to us, but an unfamiliar one for many users, and they may have to get their hands on it and actually use it and play with it before they start to get a feel for its true power.

My intuition is that this is the most accurate description of the current reality. It makes things harder for us, because it means we have to make a really good first impression; a lame or unreliable implementation of reversal will have users hearing through the grapevine that they should avoid it or that it is useless, and many people will never even give it that first try.

Stan