Re: Using reverse execution

Michael Snyder <michsnyd@cisco.com> writes:

> The same may have been true for tracepoints.  There were some
> people who went "wow", and even a few who took a stab at doing
> a target implementation -- but few people ever actually got to
> get their hands on it and play with it.  Even a live demo is
> not always as convincing as that.

For what it's worth, I can think of reasons why I might want to use
reverse execution--see my earlier message.

I have no idea why I would ever want to use tracepoints.  As far as I
can see, anything I can do with a tracepoint I can do by logging data
in my program--and if I add the logging code to the program, the code
is ready and waiting for the next time I have a problem.  There is
probably some cool use for which tracepoints are the obvious right
answer, but I don't know what it is.

Ian