Re: Using reverse execution

> Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:12:19 -0700
> From: Stan Shebs <shebs@apple.com>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, gdb@sources.redhat.com
>
> The whole omniscient debugging thing is actually a good example of
> why I'm asking questions about user experience - while there are lots
> of people interested, it gets magazine writeups, etc, there is very
> little feedback from actual users that I could find.

I mentioned that article because I think it explains quite a bit why a
feature like this is very useful.  You asked some questions about that
aspect.

In addition, one could download the software linked to from that
article and play with it a little, thus gaining some first-hand
experience.

Anyway, I really don't understand why we need to discuss all this at
such length.  Either there is a volunteer who is ready to do the job
of adding this, or there isn't.  In the latter case, there's no sense
arguing about the value of the feature; in the former case, will we
really consider rejecting the patches that implement the feature
because some of us are unsure how useful it will be?