No code to flush instruction cache in gdbserver?

Hi,

I have  a question about gdbserver. For some architectures it's needed
to flush instruction cache to maintain the cache coherency after
inserting or removing breakpoint. However, I found there is no cache
flush code in gdbserver. So here are my questions:

1. Is it needed to flush instruction cache in gdbserver? If not, why?

2. If yes, is there not code do cache flush in gdbserver or just I
didn't find them?

3. If there is no such code, is there any effort on going to add it currently?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jie