Re: Invalid registers

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 10:33:25AM +0100, Andrew STUBBS wrote:
> It is working as it should, but it doesn't look like it at first sight.
> When I set a breakpoint on a function it breaks _before_ the callee save
> registers have been saved (this may be a mistake, I'm not sure yet). If I

Yes - this is generally a mistake, either in the prologue analyzer or
in your compiler's generated line info.  But it isn't necessarily an
important mistake.

> step into the function a little more then the CFI kicks in and it
> overrides the initial settings I put in.

Right.  This is a little unfortunate, but I don't know what we can do
about it - it seems unlikely to be worth the trouble.  FWIW, a compiler
_could_ generate sufficiently detailed CFI for this.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC